Dark Man, The
Myth, magic and universal archetypes. Unravelling the truth about the terrifying Dark Man.
From the beginning of time a dark spectre has walked beside the human race. People have known this spectre by many names, such as the Shadow, Hades, the Bogeyman, the Devil or Death. And the misunderstandings and falsehoods surrounding this entity have resulted in an unfathomable amount of misery and suffering. In The Dark Man we look at the confusion and mystery surrounding this phenomenon and tease out the stories into one coherent whole. We consider, amongst other things, who or what the dark man may be, the forms he can take, the environment in which he is found and the 'job' he performs, before we turn our attention to the role he has within our own lives. You see, the dark man is not some abstract phantom or fairytale diabolus, he is a real, valid entity that is a part of all our lives - right now. He is the source of our most terrible nightmares or the way to our happily-ever-afters. The choice is yours.
REVIEWS & ENDORSEMENTS
- An intelligent and perceptive guide to dealing with the dark side of our personalities or, in the terms of the psychologist Carl Jung, confronting oneâ€™s Shadow. ~ Geoff Ward, www.mysteriousplanet.net
- Truly one of the most insightful books Iâ€™ve ever read. ~ Lisa Clark, www.thesassysorceress.com
- Deborah Wells takes a taboo and terrifying subject straight out of the myths and confronts us with it. The Dark Man is a phenomenon many people are familiar with, yet choose to hush up, ignore or put down to 'tiredness, an overactive imagination or stress'. Deborah shows how actually this archetypal energy is part of our history and indeed our own personal growth. A fascinating glimpse into the dark nature of our desires, and how, if perceived correctly, the Dark Man (metaphorical, spiritual, psychological or otherwise) can be a force for good. ~ Alice Grist, Author of The High Heeled Guide to Enlightenment
- Very highly recommended. ~ Michael Howard, The Cauldron
- Deborah Wells has written a simply stunning book. She describes in detail the being known as the Dark Man and suggests that this entity is far more complex than a simple hallucination. She presents some fascinating anecdotes from both her own experiences and those of others. However what is different about this book is that Deborah suggests ways in which encounters with this being can be used as life-enhancing opportunities.
This book makes a fascinating and intriguing contribution to the on-going research into the nature of consciousness and its relationship to the external world. ~ Anthony Peake , Author of The Daemon - A Guide To Your Extraordinary Secret Self and Is There Life After Death - The Extraordinary Science of What Happens When You Die